Why Modernize My Elevator?
Though a well-maintained elevator may last 20 or more years, eventually you will need to upgrade your major components or completely modernize your device. With careful planning, modernizing your elevator can be a strategic capital investment instead of an emergency situation.
- Is your elevator near or beyond its expected life (built in the 1980s or earlier)? Most elevators that were built before 1980 have many safety systems missing, such as protection devices, redundancy circuits, lock monitoring capability, and fire service systems.
- Does your elevator meet current Ontario safety and fire codes?
- Does the reliability of the device and the consequence of failure pose an unacceptable safety and liability risk?
Efficiency of Operations
- Is it getting difficult or expensive to find spare parts for your device? Or is it hard to find technicians who can properly repair and maintain it?
- Has the number and expense of service calls increased over the past 12 months?
- Is the performance of your unit unacceptable? Will repairs or replacing components not lead to acceptable performance?
- Is your controller technology out of date? Upgrading from a relay-logic system to a computerized controller can decrease wait times by 10-15%.
- Will upgrading to a newer elevator significantly reduce your energy costs?
- Will the short-term costs to refurbish parts exceed the life cycle cost of complete replacement?
Tenant Satisfaction and Safety
- Does the condition of your elevator deter potential tenants from moving into your building?
- Are tenants frustrated by the length of time they wait for an elevator, or by the frequency of break-downs, causing them to consider relocating?
- Are elevator malfunctions causing potential safety issues?
An experienced Delta technician can perform a complete pre-modernization evaluation of your unit to determine if it’s time to upgrade your components or plan for a complete modernization. We can assess the condition of your components and systems. And we can measure things like how long your tenants are waiting for elevators.
As Ontario’s largest independent elevator contractor, we have a proven customer service record and over 45 years of experience. Contact us today.